Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Wait For The Lord, My Soul Waits

I've wanted to add this Jeremy Camp song to my blog music playlist for a long time. (To hear it, click the play button on the list to the right.) This song embodies what 'Colors of Qavah' is all about - waiting for God to redeem suffering. I'm not waiting with my hands tied like some powerless bystander, but I am actively waiting. I'm engaging God and wrestling with my fears, my honest emotions, my questions, and my worries about the future. I wait for the Lord with eager anticipation.

When I began this blog, my primary focus was waiting for God to resolve the painful circumstances in my life. And guess what? He hasn't done that yet. But God has shifted me into a stronger position of waiting on Him to see what he will do with my pain. How will he redeem my circumstances? How will he use the pain in my life to change me? How will it be used to encourage and bless others who are hurting? How will he strengthen and sustain me through this storm?

This song resonated in my heart tonight as I read Psalm 130.

Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;

O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.

If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
O Lord, who could stand?

But with you there is forgiveness;
therefore you are feared.

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope.

My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.

O Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
for with the LORD is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption.

He himself will redeem Israel
from all their sins.


God, as I get weary in my waiting - when my strength fades, when I sin against you, when I'm in the depths and feel that I just can't go on, please give me hope in your word. Help me to wait for you with the same confidence as the watchmen wait for the certainty of morning.

No comments: