Thursday, December 24, 2009

Better Plans than Mine

Even after learning my lesson about trusting the crochet pattern over my own faulty reasoning, I still found myself experiencing moments of intense doubt right up to the last day of making this. I worked just to the edge of the wing, and instead of telling me to finish it off, the pattern instructed me to divert and work on another section instead. "That makes absolutely no sense," I thought to myself. "Why would I leave the tip undone when I'm in the position to quickly and easily do it now?"

I continued to doubt the pattern-maker's unorthodox ways, which frequently ran contrary to my own plans, but the directions turned out to be valid and right each and every time. Many steps along the way seemed arbitrary, pointless, needless, or just plain wrong. But as you can see, the One who went before me and designed it all had a very good end in mind!




Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (Amp)

2 comments:

emily said...

It's so beautiful...I don't even know what else to say! I guess the pattern maker WAS right! :) Oh how easy it is to doubt though (like every day! :))

Rachel Lundy said...

The angel turned out beautifully! I've too have had times when I doubted a pattern maker's directions. Thanks for using this to illustrate a valuable lesson.